In previous versions of Windows if you wanted to
change the position of the taskbar you had to
physically drag it to the position on the screen
where you wanted it; this being either, top, bottom,
right or left of your screen. In Windows 7 you no
longer have to drag the taskbar, instead you can
alter the position of the taskbar simply by visiting
the taskbar properties.
- Right click on a vacant part of the taskbar.
- From the drop down menu that appears, Click
- The Taskbar and Start menu properties
window will now open.
- On the Taskbar tab look for the option
'Taskbar location on screen.'
- The default position is Bottom. To change
this, Click the down arrow to the right of the
dialogue box and choose the position you want.
This can be either Top, Bottom, Left or Right.
- Once you have made the selection, Click
Apply for the change to take effect.