10.7 Make Taskbar Icons Appear Smaller
By default the Taskbar Icons appear in a large format.
Fig 10.7.1 Default appearance of Taskbar
While many people do not bother about the size of
these taskbar icons, there are many who prefer them to be
To be honest, we always find that smaller icons look much
neater than the larger icons; therefore we always set the
taskbar option to use the smaller version of icons.
To display smaller versions of the taskbar icons, proceed
- Right click on a vacant area of the Taskbar.
- From the menu that appears, click on Properties.
Fig: 10.7.2 Click the Properties
- The Taskbar and Start Menu properties box will now
- On the Taskbar tab look for the option marked
small taskbar buttons and place a check mark (tick) in
the box to the left of the option.
Fig: 10.7.3 Click the Use small
taskbar buttons option
- Finally, click the Apply button.
- Your Taskbar icons should now appear smaller.
Fig: 10.7.4 Smaller taskbar icons