The notification area contains system icons such
as the clock, volume, network, power etc. These
icons can now be turned on or off depending upon
whether you want to see them or not, thus making the
notification area far less cluttered than previous
versions of Windows.
- Right click on the taskbar.
- From the drop down menu, select Properties.
- On the Taskbar tab of the Taskbar and Start
Menu properties window, click the Customize
button in the notification area section of the
- At the bottom of the 'Select which icon and
notifications appear on the taskbar' window,
Click the 'turn system icons on or off' option.
- In the turn system icons On or Off window
look for the behaviour column.
- Locate the icon you wish to turn On or Off
and change its option accordingly in the
- Once you have finished, Click OK to exit
that window and then click OK again to exit