Many files and folders are actually hidden in
Windows Explorer simply to prevent users from
accidentally deleting them. Windows 7 also has the
same hidden files and folders but it also now
incorporates hidden disks.
In order to view hidden files, folder and disks
proceed as follows:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- In the Windows Explorer window, Click the
- From the drop down menu, Click the Folder
and Search Option.
- In the Folder options Window that appears,
Click the View tab.
- In the View tab look for the section marked
Hidden Files, Folders and Disks.
- In this section Click on the Radio button
next to the Show Hidden Files, Folders and Disks
- Finally Click the OK button.
- To Hide the folders again, Click the Radio
button next to the Do Not Show Hidden Files,
Folders and Disks Option and then Click OK.
While it may be necessary, at times, to display
these hidden files and folders it is advisable not
to leave them permanently displayed.